HEALTHY FLOURLESS ALMOND DOUGHNUTS
With temperatures dropping, we find ourselves spending more time indoors and warming ourselves with our favourite comfort food. Blogger and healthy food enthusiast Hedi Hearts (www.hedihearts.com) created this healthy version of almond doughnuts using our Almond Paste so we can have the comfort without the guilt. Enjoy!
2 cups of oats (use gluten free oats for gluten free option)
1/3 cup coconut sugar
2 tsps of cinnamon
1 tsp of baking powder
1/2 cup of unsweetened almond drink or MYO*
1 egg (for vegan version use chia or flaxseed egg)
4 tablespoons of The Nut Kitchen Almond Paste
50gr of melted dark chocolate (preferably at least 70% cocoa)
Handful of crushed almonds (optional)
- Start by pre-heating the oven to 180°C.
- Add the oats into a blender and blend until flour-like consistency.
- Next add the oat flour into a bowl together with the coconut sugar, cinnamon and baking powder and give it all a good stir.
- In a separate bowl combine the egg with the almond drink and the almond paste
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and divide this mixture into a doughnut mould case
- Bake for about 20 minutes and once baked let them cool down
- Once cooled dip each donut in some melted chocolate and sprinkle with the crushed almonds. Serves 10.
Take about 20gms of The Nut Kitchen Almond Paste and in a blender, mix it with 250ml water to make your own natural, additive-free, almond-rich (8%) Almond Drink