Pasta with pistachio pesto, courgette and pancetta
Quick, simple and so very Sicilian! Serve with your favourite crisp salad. Perfect way to end a long summer’s day.
200gr penne pasta
2 heaping tablespoons of The Nut Kitchen Pistachio Paste
1 courgette (about 150gr)
80gr diced pancetta (omit for vegetarian option)
4 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
1. Boil salted water for the pasta. While waiting for the water to boil, thinly cut the shallots and place in a pan with the olive oil and pancetta. Cook for a few minutes.
2. Wash the courgette and cut into cubes and add it to the pan with the bacon and shallots. Do not cover the pan and avoid overcooking, make sure that the courgette remains crunchy.
3. Cook the penne pasta in the boiling water for 5-8 minutes or until al dente.
4. Dilute the pistachio paste with 2 tbsps of the pasta cooking water.
5. Drain the pasta and add it to the other ingredients in the pan.
6. Add the pistachio paste mix to the pasta mix and toss well to coat.
7. Season to taste and serve immediately.
8. Garnish with chopped pistachio nuts if desired.