Pistachio and Chocolate Chip Muffins
These muffins are so simple and easy to make. They’re perfectly moist and light and you can make them as rich as you want by adding more chocolate chips or even sprinkling some crushed pistachios. Chef's tip: Do not overmix the batter, just enough to combine everything. Overmixed batter makes for tough muffins!
300 gms flour
225 gms of sugar
250 ml of milk
120 mgs of butter
100 gms chocolate chips
16 gms baking powder
20 gms of The Nut Kitchen Sicilian Pistachio Paste
a pinch of salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C. In a bowl, combine the milk, eggs, melted butter and a pinch of salt.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and sugar.
3. Pour wet ingredients into dry and ingredients and stir until barely combined.
4. Add the pistachio paste to the batter.
5. Fold in 50gms of chocolate chips to the batter.
6. Divide the batter among 12 muffin holes in a muffin tin . Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Top should be golden brown and muffin should spring back lightly when touched.